November 18, 2012

Flower Pots

This weekend I've had a flower pot project. I've done many other things also but somehow these flower pots took me three days to get done. I wanted to have vintage style pots for the coming Christmas. Now I just need flowers!

I had old terracotta pots I thought were beautiful outside but they didn't go with the things inside. They needed a good wash and a little bit of newspaper and old lace. I attached the newspaper pieces with wallpaper paste and lacquered the surface with clear furniture lacquer. When the lacquer was still wet I added some old lace and added more lacquer onto the lace. Then I just needed to wait for them to dry.

I took the pots out on the balcony to dry because the left-over furniture laqcuer I had has quite a bad smell. I'm sure it's not healthy to inhale such substances either. When I'll get rid of all my left over paints ald lacquers I don't think I will buy these toxins anymore. I still haven't had time to find out about ecological and healthy paints so if you have any tips, please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment